Fire burns deaf and dumb couple, son in Imo


A couple, Mr. and Mrs Ugochukwu Igbokwe, who live in Umudike Oka Ugiri in Isiala-mbano LGA of Imo State have been burnt by a wildfire.
An eye witness revealed that the deadly fire also left the building destroyed.
It was also gathered that the husband and wife are deaf and dumb while the son is barely a year old.
According to an indigene of the area, Darlington Onyelike, the victims are in a deteriorating condition and need financial support from good-spirited individuals.
He said, “The woman and her husband are deaf and dumb. It was difficult to raise alarm when the building caught fire. Their 1 year-old-son is worst affected by the fire. The woman is pregnant and will soon put to bed. It is terrible.
“They live in a one-room apartment here in Umudike Ugiri. The family is dying slowly.”
He further disclosed that the victims are currently in a hospital and are in dire need of financial help to pay their medical bills.


A journalist by profession and I have been in active practice for so many years. A graduate of Political Science from University of Abuja. Maried with four children.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *