National Judicial Council, NJC has recommends appointment of four Heads of Court, sixty-four Judicial Officers for states and FCT High Courts and two Kadis, Sharia Court of Appeal.
The recommendation is contain in a press statement made available to newsmen in Abuja and signed by the Director of Information of the Council, Mr. Soji Oye.
NJC under the chairmanship of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Honourable Dr. Justice I. T. Muhammad CFR, at its 91st meeting held online, considered the list of candidates presented by its interview committee and resolved to recommend the under-listed names of seventy successful candidates to their respective state Governors for appointment as Heads of Courts and other Judicial Officers in Nigeria.
They are as follows:
- APPOINTMENT OF PRESIDENT, COURT OF APPEAL
Hon. Justice M. B. Dongban
- APPOINTMENT OF GRAND KADI, SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL, JIGAWA STATE
Hon. Kadi Muhammad Sani Salihu
- APPOINTMENT OF GRAND KADI, SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL, SOKOTO STATE
Hon. Kadi Muhammad Tambari Usman
- APPOINTMENT OF PRESIDENT, CUSTOMARY COURT OF APPEAL, OYO STATE
i) Hon. Justice Aderonke Adekemi Aderemi
- APPOINTMENT OF EIGHT (8) JUDGES, HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, LAGOS STATE
Olatokun Dorcas TaiwoOshoala Yhaqub GbadeboOlukolu RasulOguntade Omotola IbironkeOlaitan Sharafa AbioyePokanu AdeniyiAshade Ezekiel OluwoleSule Amzat Olufunke
- APPOINTMENT OF FIVE (5) JUDGES, HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, DELTA STATE
Aaron IghoverioEmmanuel Zimi DolorOnome Marshal UmukoroAgboje Veronica OkaEnenmo Onyeawuli Ferdinard
- APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) JUDGES, HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, JIGAWA STATE
Musa UbaleHussaina Adamu Aliyu
- APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) JUDGES, HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, ABIA STATE
i) Chiemezie Chido Nwakanma
ii) Philomena Onyeje Nweka
- APPOINTMENT OF FIVE (5) JUDGES, HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, KWARA STATE
i) Olanipekun Sherifat Bola
ii) Funsho Dada Lawal
iii) Hussein Toyin Kawu
iv) Nureni Kuranga
v) Umar Zikki Jibril
- APPOINTMENT OF FOUR (4) JUDGES, HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, KADUNA STATE
i) Amina Ahmad Bello
ii) Ambo Yakubu John
iii) Andow Edward
iv) Rabi Salisu Oladoja
- APPOINTMENT OF ONE (1) JUDGE, CUSTOMARY COURT OF APPEAL, ABIA STATE.
i) Phoebe Eva Alvan Okoronkwo
- APPOINTMENT OF THIRTY-THREE (33) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, FCT
Muhammad Mustapha Adamu, Madugu Mohammed Alhaji, Josephine Obanor Enobie, Kayode Agunloye, Enenche Eleojo, Nwabulu Ngozika Chineze, Abubakar Babashani, Aminu Muhammad Abdullahi, Nwecheonwu Chinyere Elewe, Ibrahim Mohammed, Sadia Mu’azu Mayana, Mimi Anne, Katsina Alu-Apena, Kanyip Rosemary Indinya, Aliyu Yunusa Shafa, Mohammed Zubairu.
Others are Binta Dogonyaro, Christopher Opeyemi ObaAdeyemi, Ajayi Jadesola, Abubakar Husseini Musa, Adelaja Oluyemisi Ikeolupo, Mohammed Idris Sani, Frances Erhuvwu Messiri, Fatima Abubakar Aliyu, Jude Ogor Onwuegbuzie, Hamza Mu’azu, Edward Ajenu E. OkpeAgashieze Cyprian OdinakaFashola Akeem AdebowaleAliyu Halilu AhmedHassan Maryam AliyuHafsat Lawan Abba-AliyuOlufola Olufolashade OshinNjideka K. Nwosu-Iheme
- APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) JUDGES, HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, KATSINA STATE
i) Muhammad Ashiru Sani
ii) Safiya Umar Badamasi
- APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) JUDGES, HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, ADAMAWA STATE
i) Musa Usman
ii) Kyanson Samuel Lawson
- APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) KADIS SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL, KATSINA STATE
i) Adam Salihu Yarima
ii) Muhammed Adam Makiyu
All recommended candidates are expected to be sworn-in after approval by the President, Muhammadu Buhari, their respective State Governors and confirmation by the respective State House of Assembly.